6.18.2011

The 'Coveted' Mini Cherry Cheesecakes

Today, I received an email from my husband's cousin. She told me her husband was in love with the mini cherry cheesecakes I had made for them while they were here over Chris' graduation. She said she understood if it was a coveted family recipe and I couldn't share it, but her husband loved them so much, she just had to ask me if I could share it. This made me laugh so hard I thought I may die.

Coveted family recipe? Oh goodness, no!

Betty Crocker Recipe? Oh goodness, yes!

These are also a favorite dessert of Mindy, and I've been asked for the recipe numerous times, so I might as well share it on here :)


Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
Betty Crocker

Ingredients:

* 24 vanilla wafer cookies
* 2  8-oz packages of cream cheese, softened
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract (I use vanilla)
* 1 can cherry pie filling
* 1/2 cup toasted, sliced almonds (I omit these)

To do:

* Heat over to 375F. Line muffin tin with paper liners. Place one vanilla wafer in the bottom of each cup. (How amazing is this recipe? You don't even have to make the crust!)
* Beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and extract until mixture is light and fluffy. Spoon into muffin tins (fill them fairly full, the cheesecake will puff when baking initially, but will then sink once cooled)
* Bake for 20-25 minutes (I've found up to 20 minutes works, the bottom of the vanilla wafers do burn easily so be careful!)
* Once cooked, remove from tin onto cooling rack until completely cooled. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
* When ready to serve, top with cherry pie filling and almonds (or blueberry pie filling or chocolate sauce or sliced strawberries or kiwis- the possibilities are endless!)

1 comments:

Mindy B said...

I will definitely be using this! Thanks for posting it here so I don't have to search Betty's website to find it. :)

Post a Comment