9.12.2011

Guest Blogger: Kristin Basiaga

Kristin (Polska) Basiaga (Kielbasa)
I have grown up eating Polish Sausage, however I wanted to make something different than the usual standard of just frying it up and eating it with Mac and Cheese. Nothing wrong with that… I just like to try new things.
Away to Google I went! There I came across a yummy looking recipe here. I decided to try the Italian Kielbasa Casserole.  I will be trying the other recipe soon…
It turned out really well and Scott even said he was craving it a few days after I had made it! Thankfully it made quite a bit and the leftovers were still delicious.

The ingredients are listed below.
1 package of Polska Kielbasa, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
1 package (16 oz) rotini pasta
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
8-12 oz of shredded mozzaralla

To begin this delicious meal, cook the pasta according to package directions. Don’t accidentally NOT cook the pasta. It is a pain to sort through everything once you’re mixed it all together. Anyway, drain the pasta after it is cooked. Place the pasta in a 9x13 pan or two 8x8 pans. If using two pans, you may freeze one before baking to serve later. Add in the kielbasa, spaghetti sauce, and undrained tomatoes. Top the casserole with mozzarella cheese. I also added some cheddar cheese. Cover the dish with foil and bake the casserole in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes with the foil on. Remove the foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the cheese melts. Enjoy!! So easy, so delicious!



Editor's Sidenote: Dear Kristin Lynn- what kind of idiot doesn't know to cook the pasta for a casserole. Oh wait, that's me. Nevermind! Love you! -Kelsey Cooker

0 comments:

Post a Comment