10.21.2011

Pumpkin Cheesecake

HALLE-FRICKEN-LUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The day is finally here! What day you ask? Only the best day in the history of all the days in fall (sorry Thanksgiving, but it may even be greater than you!)

Its National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Who decided that?' my husband sarcastically asked. My response was a simple, 'who cares!' I have made a mental note of his poor attitude regarding such a magnificent day, and do not plan on sharing any of the cheesecake with him (if there are leftovers in two days- probably not).

Holy Mother of Cheesecake... here it is...

Bow down... worship the cheesecake....

This recipe comes from Food Network Magazine. It is Emeril Lagasse's Pumpkin Cheesecake with Bourbon-Spike Cream. I passed on the bourbon-spiked cream because of my current state of preggoness, and the fact that we in no way have anything remotely close to resembling bourbon in our house. (Because I didn't use the bourbon cream, I won't include it in this recipe, but if you feel like getting your buzz on, you can find it at foodnetwork.com... but I can tell you... you don't need the bourbon... it'll get you drunk enough on delicious flavor alone!)

Ingredients:

* 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 45 wafers)
* 1 cup pecans, ground (I didn't include these)
* 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
* 2 lbs cream cheese, cubed and softened
* 1 cup packed light brown sugar
* 6 large eggs
* 1/2 cup heavy cream
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
*  pinch of salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 cups canned pumpkin

To Do:

* Preheat over to 350.
* Combine the wafer crumbs, pecans, and melted butter in a bowl. Press into a 12-inch springform pan.
* In mixer, mix cream cheese until it is smooth. Add the brown sugar and mix until blended.
* Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in heavy cream.
* Add the flour, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla and blend until smooth
* Lastly, add the pumpkin and mix until well incorporated.
* Pour the filling over the crust in the pan. Bake for 1 hr 15 mins or until cheesecake is set.
* Remove from oven and use a knife to loosen the cake from the side of the pans.
* Let cheesecake cool completely before slicing- this may take up to four hours.
* Before serving, top with whipped cream (I just mixed whipping cream with granulated sugar)

Yes, it is heavenly. It is soft, pillowy, spongey, and light. Mindy and I sat tonight in awe of what we had just created. I took a small bite, and melted into it. Mindy on the other hand, took a small bite, said "oh my god, holy crap, oh my god this is good, oh mannnnn'' and devoured half of her piece.

Can I get an 'AMEN' ?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment