4.24.2012

Strawberries & Cream Cheesecake

Not everything turns out the way you had hoped. The Proti hosted yet another Easter dinner (hoping to compete with our epic time last year). We had about 16 people, an egg hunt, and a ton of delicious food! I made a ham and deviled eggs (recipe to be posted soon), had beverages, and told everyone I was going to make a cheesecake for dessert. I found a positively tasty sounding cheesecake from Martha Stewart, and knew instantly it would be the show-stopper of the event. I spent the better part of the evening the night before slaving away over my soon-to-be-masterpiece, was convinced it was baked to perfection, and was so proud that it hadn't cracked.

Ah, I will never be convinced I'm baking a masterpiece ever. again. I woke up the next morning, pulled it from the fridge, and felt the top of it... nice and firm, solid all over. WHEW. I decided to wait an hour or so, then it was time to get rid of the springform pan. I snapped the latch, removed the pan, and as I did, the sides came GUSHING out. Instant tears. It had not fully set and was an ooey-gooey mess. I slammed the pan back down around the sides of it, devestated and convinced I had ruined the whole dinner. Dessert was ruined. Chris threw it in the freezer and said that if nothing else, it would be a tasty frozen treat. I made a batch of boxed cupcakes (utterly disgusted with myself for making BOXED cupcakes for a big event) and used the new flavored icing packets (which I'd recommend... they were tasty).

It was, in fact, a mess when it came time for dessert. It was frozen, but melted quickly. Thank goodness someone else brought a chocolate-mint cake! I decided to put it up on the blog for one reason and one reason only: IT STILL TASTED AAAAMMMAAAZZZIIINNNGGGGG!!!!

So, give it a try... make it... make sure its baked fully... make sure its set fully... and may you have better luck than I :)


at least it looked pretty before it fell apart :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment