6.27.2012

Fresh Corn and Chicken Chowder

I'll give my hubs some credit here: he made this meal. I was out for the night, and he still cooked what we had planned- so proud! I ate it the next day for lunch, and the leftover chowder was just as good as I imagined it being the night before.




Recipe from Better Homes & Gardens 30 Minute Dinners magazine

Ingredients:

* 12 oz skinless, boneless chicken breasts
* 4 ears of corn
* 1 32oz container chicken broth
* 1 small green pepper, chopped. (I added some sauteed red pepper on top of mine)
* 1 1/4 cups instant mashed potato flakes
* 1 cup milk
salt and pepper
crushed red pepper (optional, for heat)

To Make:

* In a dutch oven, combine chicken, corn, and chicken broth. Bring to boil, then reduce heat. Cover with lid and simmer for 10-12 minutes. When cooked through, transfer chicken and corn to cutting board.
* add half of the pepper to the broth mixture in the dutch oven. Stir in potato flakes and milk. Shred chicken and return to dutch oven. Cut kernals off cobs of corn and add to dutch oven. Season with salt and pepper
* Serve in bowls and sprinkle remaining pepper- this is where I used the sauteed red pepper

0 comments:

Post a Comment