6.10.2012

Spinach & Artichoke Dip

There are 1,000 recipes for spinach and arthicoke dip online. I found a really great one the other day and vowed to make it. Did I write it down or save it in any way? Of course not.

Yesterday, we had a dinner get-together at our friends house and I told her how bad I wanted to make this dip. She agreed it sounded delicious- perfect for a stormy day. I fought the storm and the horrible drivers to Walmart (where you would have thought people were stocking up for the apocolypse since the shelves were empty- come on people- its just a little rain!). I got there and went to my phone to try and find the recipe so I could get the ingredients, but thanks to the storm, I had no internet. Dang.

I tried to remember as much of the ingredients as I could and pushed my way through the crowds, through the self-checkout, and back out into the rain. I got soaked by cars driving by, got into my car, and carefully made my way to the highway. Halfway home I remembered I forgot a few things, but wasn't going back since the weather was getting worse. I figured I'd alter the recipe and make due with what I had. Back home, I was *thrilled* to find we had no internet at our place either. I guess I'm winging this dip!

At the get-together later that night, both girls asked me for my recipe because it was so tasty! :) Woo! I told them it was literally just a random piling of whatever I had around, but I'd still like to chalk some of the success up to my mad cooker skillz!



I can happily say this recipe is all mine! How about that?!

Ingredients:

* 1 bag frozen spinach (thawed)
* 2 cans artichoke hearts
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1 cup mayo
* 4 oz cream cheese
* 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
* 1/4 cup gorgonzolla cheese
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* dashes of onion powder, salt, and pepper to taste

To Make:

* Combine all ingredients into a bowl. Mix well.
* If you'd like to serve it warm, heat oven to 350 degrees and cook for around 30 minutes
* Serve with pita chips

0 comments:

Post a Comment