7.19.2011

Buttermilk Pancakes

Sit back, relax, and grab a nice beverage- its story time.

Yesterday, Alex got to spend some time with his Aunt Mindy and Uncle Chase while I went to an appointment. I came to pick him up and the first thing Chase said was, 'he is sooo his mother's son!'. Uh oh. Ready to be mortified, I asked why. Here was Chase's response:

We were playing with toys in the livingroom with the TV on in the background. He wasn't paying attention to the TV at all, and then all of the sudden the iHop Funnel Cake commercial came on. He whipped his head around so fast and just watched the entire commerical in awe. After it was over, he went right back to his toys and never looked at the TV again.

Sigh. Yes. He is his mother's son. His mama likes herself a good carb-packed breakfast: waffles, french toast, pancakes, funnel cakes with fruit and whipped cream, bacon, eggs, toast, hashbrowns... you name it, I love it. Needless to say, I woke up craving a carby breakfast.

These were perfect. They are my uncle's recipe. They are my favorite pancakes. I remember eating them at my aunts house with lots of butter and warm maple syrup. That was the kicker- the warm maple syrup- we never heated our syrup at home.

(Also, the picture isn't the greatest. I'll admit, I have a very hard time cooking pretty-looking pancakes on the stovetop. I do not have a nice griddle- so they usually come out looking a bit dark and unevenly cooked. These were my first two attempts- of course I ate the better looking, fluffy ones first and forgot to take a picture of them. Oh well, I swear they are still delicious!)


Ingredients:
* 1 cup flour
* 1 cup buttermilk
* 1 egg
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 2 tablespoons oil
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda

To Do:
* Throw all the ingredients in a mixer. Turn on mixer. Mix.
* Heat skillet or griddle. Ladel pancake mixture onto hot skillet.
* Flip pancakes when batter is nice and bubbly.
* Smother cooked pancakes in butter and obscene amount of nice hot syrup

0 comments:

Post a Comment