7.20.2011

Guest Blogger: Angie Brown

My name...Angie Brown (nothing cute and catchy...Mindy's mom in law...Chase's mommy) - haha
I've been cooking a long time and as part of my job as the HR manager at the Florida Aquarium, I often cook for staff bbq's, lunches, breakfast, thanksgiving, etc.  At thanksgiving we fry up 12 turkeys, 8 hams, and all the fixins.  I love to cook for people who like to eat!
This recipe is Hot Artichoke Dip.  I acquired this recipe from a long-time friend, Terry, and it's fabulous!  The edges are worn, spills all over the recipe but it's quick, easy, inviting, and everyone loves it.  Even people who don't eat artichokes.
1 pkg. 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained and put through chopper or food processor (so the pieces are small)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (so, I cheat on this one and add more because I love cheese)
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil.  (I also cheat on this one and used the refrigerated kind - so fresh and tasty)
1 clove garlic (or 1 tsp garlic in oil - I love to make it easy)
1/2 cup chopped tomato.  This is if you like tomatoes.  You could easily leave it off.
Mix cream cheese and all remaining ingredients, except the tomato.   I use the kitchenaid with paddle but you could use an electric mixer. 
Make sure it's well  blended.
Spoon into 9 inch pie plate bake at 350degrees for 25 minutes.  Sprinkle with tomato if you like.  Serve with any kind of cracker and it's best if it's hot.  That being said, my lovely Mindy would eat it right out of the fridge and cold! 
Enjoy!!!!

1 comments:

susan chouinard said...

yummmmmmy.........i'm with mindy......i bet i could eat it right out of the fridge too!

Post a Comment