7.07.2011

Random Fruit Smoothie

Fruit always sounds delicious to me when I'm shopping. I vow to eat better, I buy it, I eat a few pieces a day, and then I forget its there. That, or I buy way too much of it, completely underestimating how healthy I actually want to eat. Lets face it, more times than not, I'll pick a chocolate chip cookie over an apple. Shame. On. Me.

Today, I found myself in a conundrum- I had an obscene amount of fruit and knew it wouldn't last much longer. Smoothies. Bingo. The best thing about them, besides the fact that they are a satisfying tasty summer-time treat, is that you can basically do any combination of fruits and it'll turn out FABULOUSLY.

Berry Banana Breakfast Smoothie
I usually make my smoothies with a combination of fruit, yogurt, ice, and juice if its too thick. Today's combination was:

* 1 cup ice
* 1 cup strawberry yogurt
* 1 banana
* 1 cup mixed berries: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries (left over from the 4th)
* 1/3 cup watermelon liquid (stolen from my bowl of watermelon from the 4th  because I didn't have juice in the house- a good idea if you want to cut back on all the sugars in concentrated juices)

I sat on our back porch and sipped it slowly through a straw, enjoying its chilly contrast to the blistering heat we've had here in the south!

0 comments:

Post a Comment