7.07.2011

Scotcharoos

There are so many things I could say about the person these remind me of most, my uncle Morrie. He had a big belly laugh that reminded me of Goofy. In fact, he was quite goofy in personality. He was the life of the party. He loved the Beatles and a big cold glass of milk. He always got the biggest coffee cup, the last roll/ slice of ham/ piece of pie at dinner. He was the father that everyone deserved, and he was loved beyond words by his family and friends. I think of him often, sometimes I get sad, sometimes I smile. I think about him most when I'm eating a Scotcharoo. They were, afterall, his favorite treat.

Kicks the pants off regular rice crispy treats
Ingredients:

* 1 cup Karo light corn syrup
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 cup peanut butter
* 6 cups rice crispies
* 1 cup chocolate chips
* 1 cup butterscotch chips

To Do:

* Combine corn syrup and sugar on medium heat on stove top. Do not overcook this, it will make the scotachroos hard instead of gooey- pull it from the heat as soon as it starts to boil and the sugar is dissolved.
* Quickly stir the peanut butter with the corn syrup mixture in a large bowl.
* Add rice crispies and stir until well coated.
* Spreak crispies mixture into casserole dish or other baking dish
* For topping, add chocolate and butterscotch chips in glass microwavable bowl, heat for 30 seconds at a time, and stir, until melted together
* Pour chocolate mixture on top of crispies mixture
* Cover well and let cool in fridge for 10-20 minutes. This will help the chocolate topping cool faster.
* Pull from fridge before crispies get too crunchy- you want these treats to be nice and gooey like regular rice crispy treats!

* Don't forget your glass of milk

0 comments:

Post a Comment