9.24.2011

Apologies & Exciting Things

First of all, Cooker would like to apologize to those who follow- I have been slacking mucho in the blogging department. Mostly, this comes from my lack of spending time in the kitchen! Husband has been earning his pay and has been working nights (5pm to 2am), so instead of making the grand, delicious dishes (ha) I usually make for dinner, Alex and I have been eating sandwiches, soups, and take-out. Shame. On. Me.

To make up for it, I have exciting news! There will be a few more features I'll be adding to blogger, in hopes of posting more and keeping you guys coming back!

* Military Spouse Wednesday!
I have asked my favorite military spouses to share their favorite dishes. As a military spouse, we have a different view of food and meal-time: most of the time, its just us and our kiddos. Sometimes, when we are lucky, our spouse can be there to enjoy dinner with us. And on occassion, we are asked to bake and cook for entire squadrons, flights, classes, events, etc. We are flexible and resourceful, and we have some interesting stories to share. Even something as simple as having your husband home for a meal can be the highlight in our days/weeks/etc.

* Slow Cooker Sundays!
I am starting to become obsessed with my slow cooker. Not because I have to work less (ok, so maybe) in the kitchen, or because it makes the whole house smell like heaven all day long (ok, so maybe that too), but because I just got the new Cuisine at Home Crockpot Edition and all the recipes look amazing! Prepare yourself for some easy, hearty, tasty meals heading your way!

* Fall/Winter Recipes!
My focus may now draw to cool-weather foods. Fall makes me miss home so very much. I miss the fact that there will be snow on the ground in a month up in Montana, I miss the changing colors of the leaves, and I miss the bite in the air that makes you put on mittens and a scarf. Here in Florida, that's not going to happen. Being stuck in denial, I plan to make as many comforty, autumny meals as I can, and I'll just pretend I'm back up North :) Also, I tend to get in the fall cooking mood in October, as I try to mentally pysch myself up for Thanksgiving dinner. Thanksgiving is MY holiday. Last year, just 2 months after baby, I made the entire spread myself, while husband, son, and father watched football. The year before that, I made the entire spread myself while just husband watched football. This year, we will have a ready-to-pop Heather and Kyle joining us, I cannot disappoint a very pregnant lady (they get angry easy ya know, heehee)!

Hope you all continue to check back, and I promise I'll be on the ball a little better. I only posted three times in August and have only posted 5 times this month. It will get better.... just hang on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment