9.28.2011

Game Day Buffalo Dip

Yes.

I'm un-American.

I hate football season. Like, seriously, I hate it.

I hate the way my husband's mood is dictated by how well his teams do that week. I hate the fact that it's all anyone ever wants to do on the weekends, so there's no hope of doing anything else whatsoever. I hate that I have to sit there, surround by a room full of people, and I'm the only one who doesn't really care if the ref made a bad call or if they are 3rd and goal.

The only thing I can tolerate during this ridiculous time of year, is the food. The tailgating food (hot dogs, hamburgers, cold beer, nachos), the football party food (chips, dips, things rolled in pastry dough), and the excuse to eat as much of it as you like (because you're nervous your team may not make that field goal, and no one will judge you for stress eating).

On Saturday, we went to our friends house to watch their former collegiate education establishment play their big game. We dressed Alex in the appropriate colors so we were allowed in the door, and took our seats in front of the TV- but not before we ate tasty steaks, bacon-wrapped jalapenos, cookies, and my contribution: buffalo dip!

Yes, it looks a bit unappetizing, but I can promise you...
its the hit of any party!
I originally got this recipe from a spouse in our class back in Columbus, but I've adjusted it a bit to fit my husbands need for more 'kick' and my undying love for blue cheese :) Thanks, Meredith for the original!

Ingredients:

* 8 oz cream cheese, softened
* 16 oz sour cream
* 1 cup blue cheese dressing
* 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce (I use upwards of a cup to appease Chris' need for heat)
* 1 container blue cheese crumbles
* 2.5 cups cooked chicken. I bake mine in the oven (350 for 30 mins), then shred it.

To Do:

* Combine cream cheese, sour cream, blue cheese dressing (I add a few dabbles more because I love me some blue cheese), and buffalo sauce. Mix well. Stir in chicken and blue cheese crumbles. Pour into casserole dish and put into 350 degree oven (covered) until its hot and starts to bubble. This usually takes about half an hour.

* Serve while hot with chips, crackers, and veggies. And don't worry if you're not a huge blue cheese fan- I was told that no one even knew there was blue cheese in the dip- all they tasted was deliciousness :)


Now... make this dip next Saturday, Sunday, Monday, etc and go root for the home team/underdog/your team/ team with the best tushies in those tight pants/whatever!

0 comments:

Post a Comment